Provides citations and full-text for articles published in nearly 4,500 journals, including more than 3,700 peer-reviewed titles. In addition to the full text, this database provides citations and abstracts for articles found in more than 8,000 publications.
Contains peer-reviewed, full-text articles from journals and reference sources. Covers physical sciences, technology, medicine, social sciences, the arts, theology, literature and other subjects, with articles available in both PDF and HTML full-text format.
Students taking Writing 121/122 should be able to successfully do the following:
- Recognize when information is needed to complete specific exercises/assignments
- Identify the various types of materials appropriate for use in a college-level research paper
- Identify the necessary tools/databases/search engines needed how to access specific types of research materials
- Use keywords, boolean operators, and truncation symbols to search various databases/search engines
- Appropriately incorporate research information into a written text and cite correctly in MLA or APA style
- Correctly create a list of references in APA or MLA style
Refer to the tutorials in the left-hand column if you require a refresher in any of these skills