Students in Political Science Courses are expected to:
- Identify essential information sources within their discipline, including journals, reference works, websites, and works by seminal authors/scholars.
- Use both lay and professional terminology within their discipline to formulate keyword searches
- Utilize advanced database search functions to access relevant information from essential sources
- Identify subject-specific databases and search engines relevant to their topic
- Use all AVAILABLE resources to complete a literature review on a given topic
- Obtain materials, if necessary, from other libraries using Interlibrary Loan services or by physically visiting other libraries
To find political science books, explore the following areas in the LBCC collection:
- J - General legislative and executive papers
- JA - Political science (General)
- JC - Political theory
- JF - Political institutions and public administration
- JJ - Political institutions and public administration (North America)
- JK - Political institutions and public administration (United States)
- JL Political institutions and public administration (Canada, Latin America, etc.)
- JN - Political institutions and public administration (Europe)
- JQ - Political institutions and public administration (Asia, Africa, Australia, Pacific Area, etc.)
- JS - Local government. Municipal government
- JV - Colonies and colonization. Emigration and immigration. International migration
- JX - International law, see also JZ and KZ
- JZ - International relations
Provides citations and full-text for articles published in nearly 4,500 journals, including more than 3,700 peer-reviewed titles. In addition to the full text, this database provides citations and abstracts for articles found in more than 8,000 publications.
Contains peer-reviewed, full-text articles from journals and reference sources. Covers physical sciences, technology, medicine, social sciences, the arts, theology, literature and other subjects, with articles available in both PDF and HTML full-text format.