Here is a list of many of the print books in our collection related to dental topics. Note that not all our print books related to dentistry are on the same spot on the shelf. Because we organize our books by Library of Congress call number, books are arranged by main subject. Sometimes books have multiple main subjects, and so may be shelved with other topics. For example, most of our dental anatomy books are shelved with other anatomy and physiology books.
Ebooks related specifically to dental assisting. Limited to the last 8 years.
Dental Images. Most of these are not free to reuse, so please check the copyright carefully.
Print journals in the HOC:
- American Dental Association News
- Journal of the American Dental Association
Online journals available anywhere when you go through the library website:
- Dental Assistant
- Journal of Dental Specialties
- Journal of Dental Hygiene
- Access: The Newsmagazine of the American Dental Hygienists' Association
Full list of library dental journals
- Purdue OWL's APA Guide
- LBCC Online Writing Lab (OWL)
Submit your paper electronically to the LBCC Writing Center, and they will send written feedback in 48-72 hours.
- American Psychological Association Style Page
Print books in the library:
- Secrets of the CDA Exam : secrets study guide : your key to exam success : DANB test review for the Certified Dental Assistant Examination. HOC Library, RK60.5.S27 2015
- Mosby's dental assisting exam review. HOC Library, RK60.5.R495 2018
Online library resources:
- LearningExpress: Provides eLearning solutions with interactive tutorials, practice tests, e-books, flashcards and articles for academic skill-building, standardized test preparation, career development and more. This includes resources to prepare for occupational tests, including dental assisting. Dental Assisting resources include an ebook review guide that covers every topic on the CDA® and RDA tests, a study plan, and test-taking tips. You will also have access to two practice tests. Create a free account to access. When you get to the website, go to Career Center, then Prepare for an Occupational Exam.
Internet resource: See the DANB official exam outlines that outline what will be on the GC, ICE, and RHS exams.
- CINAHL: articles related to dental care
Provides citations and many full text articles for nursing and allied health literature and covers a wide range of topics including nursing, biomedicine, health sciences librarianship, alternative/complementary medicine, consumer health and 17 allied health disciplines.
- Alt HealthWatch
This database focuses on the many perspectives of complementary, holistic and integrated approaches to health care and wellness. It offers full text articles for more than 180 international, and often peer-reviewed journals and reports on complementary and alternative medicine. In addition, there are hundreds of pamphlets, booklets, special reports, original research and book excerpts.
- Gale Health and Wellness
Provides access to thousands of full-text medical journals, magazines, reference works, multimedia, and more. This comprehensive consumer health resource provides authoritative information on the full range of health-related issues, from current disease and disorder information to in-depth coverage of alternative medical practices, and more.
- Health Reference Center Academic
Provides access to full text of nursing and allied health journals, plus a wide variety of personal health information sources.
- HealthSource Consumer Edition
This database is the richest collection of consumer health information available to libraries worldwide, providing information on many health topics including the medical sciences, food sciences and nutrition, child care, sports medicine and general health.
- HealthSource Nursing/Academic Edition
This database provides nearly 550 scholarly full text journals focusing on many medical disciplines. It also features the AHFS Consumer Medication Information, which covers 1,300 generic drug patient education sheets with more than 4,700 brand names written in lay language for consumers.
PubMed is one of the most popular and authoritative open databases for medical research. It provides citations to biomedical journals, including all those from MEDLINE. Links to full text sometimes available. MEDLINE provides authoritative medical information on medicine, nursing, dentistry, veterinary medicine, the health care system, pre-clinical sciences, and much more.