LBCC "College-Now" Instructors
For technical assistance using the resources on this page, please contact Jane Sandberg at the LBCC Library. email: email@example.com | phone: 541-917-4655.
1. Searching a small library catalog
How do I see if a book is available? | How do I place a book on hold | How do I check my library account?
2. Searching a large academic library catalog
How do I browse the shelves on the computer? | What do they have besides books? | What are government documents and why might they be useful?
3. Searching a "consortial" catalog
- Summit (many PNW libraries)
- Worldcat (libraries around the world)
4. Using a "discovery" or "one search" system to find materials
- What are the differences between different types of materials - books, ebooks, articles, other e-resources?
5. Searching an online periodical database.
boolean keyword searching | browsing subjects | searching specific periodicals | accessing non full-text materials
6. Searching the Internet
using specific publishers for information | using "site" or "domain" function in search engine | Google Scholar | Google Books
7. No doubt you already know the importance of citation. Keep in mind that your college professors will expect you to have mastered this skill; there can be harsh consequences for plagiarism!