This series of video interviews with working professionals across multiple industries features topics such as: keys to success in the field, education and certification requirements, general workplace atmosphere, a typical day on the job, industry-specific challenges, what the future holds, advice for breaking into the profession, and more.
eBooks on Careers/Job Hunting
The Library's Ebook Central database has many job hunting and career guidance ebooks.
Print Books in the Library
Books on Careers and Job Hunting in the LBCC Library can generally be found in the HF 5380 call number area of the library shelves.
The Career Preparation Center contains tutorials, ebooks, articles, and test preparation materials for learning about or preparing for careers. We recommend:
If you would like to make use of any of the resources found on this page in your course site, department or instructor page, please feel free to contact the Library for help with the following:
- embedding videos from Films on Demand or other providers
- training students/staff in the Learning Express Library database
- training students/staff in the use of the Ebook Central database
- learning about licensing permissions for eBook use with an entire class
- creating instructional videos on the use of any library resource
For more information, please contact Jane Sandberg, Electronic Resources Librarian, at:
firstname.lastname@example.org | 541-917-4655