- Use the tabs on top of this page to guide you to relevant resources.
- Utilize the available tutorials listed on the right-hand column if you are not sure of certain topics.
Students in WR 227 are expected to have mastered all of the Information Literacy Outcomes for WR 121. In addition to those outcomes, WR 227 students will be expected to:
- Use all available resources to complete a literature review on a given topic
- Identify subject-specific databases and search engines relevant to their topic
- Obtain materials, if necessary, from other libraries using Interlibrary Loan services or by physically visiting other libraries
Provides citations and full-text for articles published in nearly 4,500 journals, including more than 3,700 peer-reviewed titles. In addition to the full text, this database provides citations and abstracts for articles found in more than 8,000 publications.
Contains peer-reviewed, full-text articles from journals and reference sources. Covers physical sciences, technology, medicine, social sciences, the arts, theology, literature and other subjects, with articles available in both PDF and HTML full-text format.
The LBCC Library has a number of subject-specific databases. Here are just a few that you might try:
- Agricola - use for Agriculture / Botany / Biology / Soil Science / Animal Science
- CINAHL - use for nursing and medicine-related topics
- Computer Database - use for research in the fields of computers and information technology
- Professional Development Collection - use for research in Education
- Greenfile - Use for research into environmental issues
- Business Source Premier - use for research on business.